2 Mayıs 2012 Çarşamba

ESSIE SPEAKS OF TRUE STORIES

Hello there! As I write this post I have literally, minutes ago, finished the last lecture of my masters degree. I feel slightly wierd and "end of an era" if you see what I mean and I fully intend to immerse myself in A LOT of films under the pretence of researching stuff for my degree. But life goes on - and so does cinema. And I have for you quite an interesting group of films this week. This week's group might, for example, be considered in the "Oscar nominees" group. You will probably have heard of Brad Pitt's latest feature "Moneyball". And, probably "In Darkness", Agneiszka Holland's extraordinary World War 2 story. But this is not what linked all three. Again, we could have called it "Female Directors Week" (note to self, actually have one of those); two of the most successfull female directors of our time, Agnieszka Holland (as I just mentioned) and Chinese director Ann Hui grace these pages with their work (and make me very proud to be a woman with their success!) but this is not what links them either. What links all three of these incredible, touching stories is that they all really happened. They say "there's nothing as queer as folk"; maybe it should have been "there's nothing as queer as life", eh? I sincerely hope you enjoy these films as much as I did... happy viewing, Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder