9 Mayıs 2012 Çarşamba

ESSIE SPEAKS OF GREAT DIRECTORS - AND TWISTS

Hey there! I almost didn't see you! My "fin de siecle" (end of a century) feelings of last week have, you may (or may not) be glad to hear have largely abated, if only because I simply don't have the time for feelings and such like at the moment. Essays, my dissertation, deadlines of all shapes and sizes loom dangerously close on my horizon like storm clouds. But surrounded as I am with danger, I will never neglect you guys, so here is this week's fare... This weeks theme was going to be just great directors. Ok, admittedly Nuri Bilge Ceylan is not exactly a household name, but I think he's great and more to the point so does the Cannes film festival. So there. Kim ki Duk and Carlos Sorin, I doubt anyone will have an argument against. The twist bit came in at the last moment, when I realised that all the directors in all these films somehow took something that looked pretty ordinary - be this a genre, a plotline or something else, and put quite a different angle on it. I think they go quite well together. I have also noticed that none of my films this week is in English... But you won't let that put you off... Right? happy viewing! Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder