23 Nisan 2015 Perşembe

PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR BLOCKS WELL AND TRULY BUSTED...

Oh it's going to be one heck of a summer season, make no mistakes on that count. The battle at the box office will be bloody. Even the trailers, now raining thick and fast on a weekly basis are putting on a marvelous show. There is much to be excited about this week, but if you know the first thing about me you know what got me slobbering earlier this week...

Oh yes, There was as much controversy in the trailer as was whipped up with the whole deal with the script being leaked. The trailer had been leaked. Oh no it hadn't. Wait, it had been removed - oh hang on, it was back again! Yet, despite the false starts, the teaser trailer is here. I only wish it gave a tiny tad more away. Sadly it doesn't add a lot to what we already know but... You know... It's something...


Straight on its heels of course, a clash of the titans. I have always been slightly dubious about the concept of bringing these two superheroes together. I mean just because two things function well seperately it doesn't necessarily mean they go well together. I mean take chocolate. And ketchup. Would you eat the two together ? I thought not. Still, I may be being cynical. The trailer looks more than half decent. But then again that is only around 2 minutes of the film so I shall be keeping my cynicism close to hand...


Buut of course these were not the trailers everyone was talking about this week. Nor indeed were they the trailers you were looking for. Yes, yes you got it. The new Star Wars trailer also hit the airwaves this week, dragging behind it lots of tears ("Chewie, we're home" and all that) and massive contreversy. Who was talking ? What did he mean? Who was he talking to? Why isn't it December already ? I know, we have a while to wait before we storm the cinemas in full-blown regalia, but in the meanwhile, here's a little something to quench some of that thirst... 


Now... The next one up is a trailer that may just have swayed me. I have been doing many, many eye-rolls about Jurassic World. It is - and I stand by this - the nth film about man messing with nature and "it" going horribly wrong. And this time the killer monster is a female to boot, I mean talk about monsterous feminine... Or don't. Don't, because I casually cliked on the trailer I felt... Just the teeniest, insiest twinge of excitement. Ok, fine, I had to admit it does look rather cool. It's going up on my list of blockbusters to see this season along with Mad Max. Yes, I said Mad Max. What can I say, I'm a child of the 80's... 



Aaaand then there's this. Now, I do realise that as a story The Little Prince was almost overdue a remake. I understand that, being deeply philosophical and all that, it is a tough one to adapt to the screen. The bits of the book itself that have been animated - slightly more surreal - look wonderful. What I hated was the corny Disney movie about "never losing your inner child" tagged onto the end. You know, your type a odd-couple type comedy where the "crazy" one teaches the "uptight" one the value of letting go and relaxing and all that. Subtly combined with an ode to childhood innocence. Ye gods folks, first Pan then this, stop trying to fix things that ain't broken!!


Yours slightly grouchily, 
Essie 






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder