15 Nisan 2015 Çarşamba

ANTS, THRONES AND OTHER MARVELS...

Well… The BIG trailers are coming thick and fast. I know it’s only april but you know, brace yourselves, blockbuster season is coming. One ripple in the tweetosphere this week was the new trailer for Marvel’s latest output, Antman. Rather unfortunately for Marvel, nobody seems overly excited about the upcoming film. I must say the trailer doesn’t seem to have the wow factor of its competitors.


However, I somehow doubt the fellas in suits at Marvel are going to be crying into their lattes over this, because they are of course the owners of  the other big release across the pond this week, Avengers  The Age Of Ultron. Now THAT’S a superhero movie that has got tongues wagging – it’s IMDB score is already a rather impressive 9,4 which says something about the way the sales are going to go once The Ultron storm hits over on this side of the ocean…  Featuring more special effects explosions and good looking leading ladies and gents than you can shake a stick at, if superhero movies are your thing this IS your fix…



Ooh, hang on, I have one more piece of action – superhero related news. Of course with The Avengers coming out and taking the world by storm paramount dropped the new trailer for their big name this summer, Terminator Geniysis. I wouldn’t have mentioned it again only they did something clever (well kinda) to keep themselves in the discussion. They revealed a MASSIVE plot twist (see trailer below for what it is). This in turn threw up a massive uproar about should they / shouldn’t they have and why did they reveal this. This, I strongly suspect, was the aim in the first place. I personally don’t think it has done the film much damage. The franchise is such a classic that the fans are going to be almost as interested in how it happened if not more than what exactly came to pass… Anyway, check out the trailer and see what you make of it…


Phew… Ok Let’s move away from this whole blockbuster scene for two seconds… Let’s move onto that other things the world and its dog is talking about. Yes. Yes. The new season of Game Of Thrones.  And yes I am still refusing to watch them – especially since George Martin said they are officially killing off people that weren’t killed off in the books. I know, it’s a different work of art, yada yada. I love the books – the series is ruining it. The end. But you guys seem to love it, so here’s a trailer.



But Sedef, I hear you cry, what is this constant chatter of mainstream – what happened to your interest in Indies. I have two things to say for that. Firstly, for a quick fix, use the links top right and pootle off to my stuff on Critics Associated where I talk a lot about the smaller, more historical short and independent fare knocking around the place. Secondly I have just discovered this trailer for this little indie number called Manglehorn… It stars one of my absolute favourite stars in the world ever Al pacino. Manglehorn is a guy. A guy who is kind of fed up with life. He seems to be sort of drifting through unable to shift his bitterness…. I assume then “something” happens. I have a feeling it isn’t going to be an easy watch – but definitely a worthwhile one… I couldn't find the trailer I watched for it but I did find a videoclip online - it should do the trick nicely... I mean I liked it... So... Yeah...  


Have a great week folks, and see you all next week! Oh and by the way, if you want to chat to me I am surgically attached to Twitter - my Twitter handle is @Essie_Tweetsand you can check my feed out at the bottom of this  page - just give me a buzz!

much love, 
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder