8 Nisan 2015 Çarşamba

OF SPIES, QUEENS AND THINGS THAT GO VROOM!

Well, again, we definitely have quite a lot to chew on this week, don’t we! I want to start with the one that made my heart surge the most. No, not the new scenes for the Avengers, it’s a lot more sedate than that… Or not, depending on which way you look at it. I’m talking about the trailer for Amy, the biopic for Amy Winehouse. The trailer hit the airwaves (netwaves) last week. The film is clearly trying to get behind the “party girl” image Amy had and show the real girl underneath… And yes, those last words she says in the trailer are both eerie and meant to be a tearjerker. I don’t care. I still love it.

That said, as the weather gets warmer, we seem to have definitely not lost our love for things that go “boom”. Or in this case, “vroom”. Fast and Furious 7 (count them) has hit the screens, smashed records and generally hiked up adrenaline levels all over the world. So much so that Vin Diesel has actually hinted at a possible eighth film… In the meanwhile, let’s salute FF7 as we go by shall we…

Aaand next up we have YET ANOTHER spy film… About a decade ago we had a rush on zombie films, all of a sudden – possibly the effects of the upcoming Bond film – we have Survivor, yet another film about secret organizations, battles between them and agents out to get eachother… I mean don’t get me wrong Survivor looks fantastic but… There are rather a lot of them now. The one thing I will say is that it is great to see Milla Jovovich doing something that isn’t Resident Evil related…

Ok, to finish off, a gripe. I was in the cinema the other day, and I saw a trailer. It is not, I would hazard a guess, a film that is going to set cinematic history on fire. In fact I’m guessing that it was meant to be little more than a soap bubble to giggle at and forget. But honestly, watch the trailer for A Royal Night Out and tell me hand on heart, COULD the two princesses be more annoying!! I mean ok, Sarah Gadon who plays Princess Elisabeth is Canadian – I can forgive her for overdoing the accent. But what in the name of seven hells is Bel Powley doing as Princess Margret - and what on earth is that accent meant to be! Ok, so they’re supposed to be comic characters we laugh at their “funny ways” and naiveté vis normal life. A bit like that episode of Star Trek when the crew ends up in the ‘80s and “funny things” ensue…  I mean the storyline is as old as time itself as a comic trope, but this is a thing that actually happened for goodness sake – why bend over backwards like that to make them SO goofy! I mean maybe it’s just me… Watch the darn thing and judge for yourselves…



Have a great week folks!

Essie 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder