30 Nisan 2015 Perşembe

THE WEEK OF THE MONSTERS AND REVENANTS...

I love Johnny Depp. I have said this last week. I remember films like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Edward Scissorhands, What's Eating Gilbert Grape and I say to myself, where on earth has that glorious actor gone ? It has been a while since he had a film that really, really scenned. Now, there is a trailer doing the rounds and it awakens in me a sneaking suspicion that it may, just may be his comeback. Several critics have said it before. I have only just seen the trailer but I concur. There was a certain amount of clapping and bouncing up and down that happened when I watched this (I admit nothing). Check it out. He may be back you know, he just may be back...



Ok check this out, now this looks interesting. Strangerland is helmed by Kim Farrant, first time feature director but the cast - Nicole Kidman, Joseph Fiennes, Hugo Weaving... That tells you something. Then you watch the trailer. Now, the trailer is, I have to admit, just a tad bit confusing. I actually had to read the synopsis as well just to make sure I had "got it". Despite this however, the trailer grabs you. It gets you right in the feels. It gives you chills. Check it out, this is going to be interesting...

Ok I found this next fella when I was browsing recently added trailers. It's a classic story. Basically it's a "found footage" type movie. I can place like half the lines and about a third of the shots from various different movies of the same kind. This time we're infiltrating the fabled Area 51 where conspiracy theorists would have us believe alien technology is kept. The trailer focuses on our heros breaking in, but the hint is that the real story begins after that. And I don't mean the obligatory unleashed monster. I mean the white stuff...  Look you're gonna have to watch the thing for this to make sense to you, but it looks like something you could huddle up with some ice cream to...

]

Ok this last one isn't a trailer. Not really. But it concerns a film I adore - Spirited Away - and a whole new angle on it. Basically some cool cat with waaay too much time on their hands have given the film the 8-bit treatment, They have had to shorten it "a little bit" of course. Check it out, I couldn't stop laughing all the way through... 



God, I'm showing my age, aren't I... Much love to y'all folks! Have an awesome week!

Essie


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder