19 Mayıs 2013 Pazar

ESSİE SPEAKS OF RACISM

Ok. Thank you for bearing with me.

You know how these things go, life happens. Sometimes it happens in big masses, all at once. What can I say, I'm sorry for the delay. I have worked out my organisational kinks and it will not happen again. You just see if it does. All you need to do is just keep coming back every week as you always do. I will be here. Waiting as always.

Now the two films I have got lined up for you today were almost meant to be together. Chronologically, they fit like a glove. We are in America boys and girls and our topic is segregation and how it was gotten rid of (yes Mom, I know that isn't grammar. I'm having a Toad of Toad Hall moment.). Our first film speaks of the civil rights movement and how hard it was to get people to even move towards change and integration. The second tells us that how, once societal pressure had been overcome, most people - if not everyone - was quick to realize this was not such a dumb idea after all... Hate of all kinds is, after all, something we learn. It stands to reason therefore, that we can also "unlearn" it.

Thanks for bearing with me folks. I will be back next thursday with more stories to tell!

happy viewing,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder