18 Nisan 2013 Perşembe

ESSIE TAKES A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

I'm rather pleased with this week's line-up. No I really am and yes, more than usual.

See, I love the way these two particular items come together. Today ladies and gents, I proudly present to you, a very comprehensive slice of life from the '60s. Almost the entire decade is spanned with a little spillage (temporal spillage, as it were) on either side. We do not walk in the super rich or super famous. In fact we walk with the common people. The ones that tend to get forgotten in grand narratives usually. The poor, the underpriviledged, the ones trying to make a living no matter what the stakes. We have two separate yet similar views from two sides of the pond today. One is a series full of heart and warmth that a lot of you here in the U.K. will be familiar with. The other is a cinema classic, one of the first efforts of a director that is today a household name. On the surface, they look stylistically quite different. But really, it's only a change in perspective. And isn't that true of most things in life? So many things are really two sides of the same coin if we look hard enough - but I digress. We're kinda heading into a whole different blog :)

I'd be really interested to know what you think of these two items watched in succession actually. Can anyone give me some feedback on what they think if they do it? It would make me SO happy :)

happy viewing,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder