6 Mayıs 2015 Çarşamba

BIG DIRECTORS, BIG VISUALS AND WELL... BIG ABS...

Oh my God Oh my God I am so sorry I am late!

I seem to be living roughly three lives rolled into one these days. I'm keeping it together - but only just! Aaand so occasionally schedule-related "whoopsie" moments happen. For which I appologise.

It's not like  lack things to say or soemthing this week. Many of my fave directors are releasing trailers like things possessed. One of these possessed things come courtesy of Woody Allen and latest film on the horizon Irrational Man. If the name of Wood Allen alone was not a sufficient lure for yours truly, the presence of Joaquin Phoenix in the leading role pretty much sealed it for me. He seems to be playing the part of a philosophy professor with very typically Allen-ish hang-ups and problems... Take a spin. It looks like fun for those of us who are "into" the style.



As I write this little letter, I turn to Twitter. Aaah, what is this I see trending - a series ? The Wachowskis you say? Hmm, definitely worth a look. The Wachowskis have gone for a series this time, and true to style it's big, bold imaginative and has the makings of something truly emotional grabbing and poetic while at the same time bewilderingly... "visual". The thing I find with the Wachowskis is that sometimes the style "comes off" and sometimes... Well it doesn't. Jupiter Ascending made a splash, albeit a rather controvertial one. As in a lot of critics tore the film a new one, so to speak... Well, Sense8 is definitely a "thing". What manner of thing it is remains to be seen...


Now... One more name that had tongues wagging and hearts beating fast... Tom Hardy starring as not one but two people at once in Legend, the story of the notorious Kray twins who pretty much ran London throughout the '50s and '60s. The trailer seems atmospheric and tantalising and Oscar winning writer of Mystic River Brian Helgeland seems to be at the helm of quite a solid little number. Of course it's a largely male dominated film with the women hanging around as little more than eye candy if that, but well... It's the genre. And it was the '50s. I'll be checking it out, that's for sure.


So from all that macho posturing, let's go for a different kind of machismo and posture, shall we... Now you can berate the Magic Mike franchise as much as you like. You can laugh at its lack of content. You can call it an excercise in shallowness and objectivisation. What you cannot do is deny that if you are interested in the scantily clad male form, it provides ample sights that are very, very easy on the eyes... Take a gander... If only to, ehm, you know, be able to mock it or something later...


Whoo I need a drink of water... Or something... I'll go and take a cold shower or a long walk or something, in the meanwhile you have a lovely week my dears!

Essie


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder