13 Mayıs 2015 Çarşamba

GREAT EXPECTATIONS AND FAILURES THEREOF...

I am very excited about this week. No I really am. I am not a massive fan of action as you guys all know - but I have been counting down the days for the arrival of the new Mad Max Movie. You can bet your bottom dollar you will find a review of it by yours truly on one of my three "outlets". I think the thing that attracts me the most is the whole visual "glut" of it. It just looks gorgeous. It looks like the kind of universe you'd want to dive right into - as a cinema goer that is, not in real life hehe. Let's check that trailer out again. I'm literally counting the hours!


Ok. Back to the future - as it were. As I type this, almost all of Twitter is raging about the new Jem and The Holograms trailer. I do NOT like being left out of these discussions, so I had to chek it out, obvs. I mean I don't know, maybe because it was so long since I saw an episode of it but I have to join the negative hype. I really don't like it. A childhood memory has been turned into an insipid cautionary tale about fame and fortune not being able to buy happiness, and the importance of family. One would have hoped, in the internet age, they would have at least slipped in a few good points about the internet and online culture etc. Jem does get discovered on youtube - but it pretty much ends there as far as I can see. I dunno, maybe new generations of tweens will flock to it. I just think it's... Meh... 



Now, I really, really must eat something and go to work at some point - but before closing I just need to share one thing with you. I'm a little upset with myself. I seem to have not said a single solitary word about Mr Holmes. No, not Benedict Cumberbacht. The other one. The one that's not out yet. With Sir Ian McKellan. Oh yes, That one. The thing about superheros (Sherlock Holmes undoubtedly is one) is that they are meant to never be weak, never falter (not in ways that cannot be remedied at any rate) and thus, they never age. Which is why it will be both interesting and enlightening to see Mr Sherlock Holmes as an old man. Interpreted by such a truly extraordinary actor, we're really in for a treat, I reckon... 


Right, now. That whole lunch and work deali-o. Have a great week folks! Luv y'all! 

Essie 


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder