27 Mayıs 2015 Çarşamba

REMAKES AND REINVENTIONS...

Hey boys and girls! Well it's one of those weeks where I have so many things I'm thinking about all at once that I find it hard to tell where to begin! The one thing at the real forefront of my mind at the moment is the new trailer for Black Mass. I think I shared the teaser for it on here earlier. Now a bona fide trailer (or is it second trailer) is out. It is looking more and more like the film that will actually "remake" Johnny Depp. I am really looking forward to it. I mean he is brilliant at comedy, but to have him in a proper, hard-hitting, really get you thinking kinda part will be AMAZING. I can't wait. 



Ok more movie news. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but Point Break is getting a remake. Heck, it's even getting a trailer. They've "umphed" up the adrenaline a bit. The gang are no longer just surfers but "extreme athletes, allowing for all mannter if visual shenanigins and effort to make trade of the back of the film looking good. It will be interesting to see and compare. Not least because the original point break was an iconic film for an iconic female director, Kathryn Bigelow. I wasn't sure at first to be honest with you but than I compared the two trailers. I actually think the remake seems to do a good job of taking the spirit of the original and updating it, without distorting it too much. See what you make of it. 


And for those of us with not such a good memory, here's the trailer for the original...


So, just since we've had so many men and adrenaline in this post so far, let's look at what the ladies on screen are up to. Now of course, the Sundance darlings are slowly creeping out onto the screens and one of the films that are getting talked about is Diary of a Teenage Girl. It is *sigh* yet another coming of age film. But it seems to be a touching and imaginative exploration of a young woman discovering her sexuality and growing up. I'll be keeping an eye out for it... 



Right. Better get back to the real world. And on a side not folks, it's all well and good being dedicated to the screen - but don't forget to make the most of the sun when it's out! This is the UK you know, you need to enjoy the summer while you can!

have an awesome week!
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder