14 Mart 2013 Perşembe

ESSIE SPEAKS OF A PAUSE FOR THOUGHT

Is it me or is spring finally trying to arrive? Over in my part of the world, schizophrenia - as far as the weather is concerned - has well and truly set in. One moment, it's a bright, sunny yet cool day with that distinctive feel of early spring about it. The next moment (and I literally do mean the next moment) it's actually snowing. Then it goes cloudy for half an hour. The the sun comes out. You get the picture. Through all that confusion, I'm rooting for spring. It's doing it's best to press through. And I do live in Northern Europe. Hang in their spring! You can beat them!

Ehm.

As you can imagine, the weather being as unpredictable as it is, whenever possible my days are spent curled up in warm jammies with a mug of something. It may be getting to me. Just a tad. I think I am in serious need of mental exercise. Hence the films this week.

As you know, I am all for entertainment for entertainment's sake. Heck, I truly reckon we'd be lost without it. However, this does not mean that we shouldn't have time for films with more serious messages. In fact, it is the ease with which one can use cinema to blend a serious message with entertaiment, giving it all manner of different forms that makes it such an important tool. This week I offer two films that will entertain, but also offer an opportunity to pause and think about big things. I watched both with baited breath and was truly moved... I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

happy viewing,
Ess,e

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder