31 Mart 2014 Pazartesi

ESSIE GOES ADVENTURING

Hi there folks!

You know, when times are dark and dire, I find myself taking refuge in cinema more and more. This is not me refusing to face up to my problems and worries. But in the modern world, I find we are bombarded with information. And I don't just mean advertising and the like. Our smartphones mean that both "public" and "private" information is constantly flowing our way. Even in the cinema or concert hall - assuming we even go anymore - who can resist taking a discrete couple of taps just to make sure they're ontop of everything?

This is why I love films like this. Adventure stories. Fights with dragons and adventures on the high seas. For a few hours, you get so engrossed your phone and social media accounts lie neglected. For a few hours you genuinely think about something else, and you come out of the experience feeling bizarrely rested. That's the kind of film I'm looking at today.

So unplug your brain and relax. The world and your worries will still be there in a few hours time. But chances are you will be rested and better equipped to cope with it.

happy viewing,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder