4 Temmuz 2013 Perşembe

ESSIE SPEAKS OF COMFORT FILMS

Oh you know what I mean. I went into this in detail in my second post. But basically it's the old classics, the "fish and chips" or "sticky toffee pudding" of films. You have eaten them a thousand times before. You know exactly what you are getting. THAT is why you are back for more.

And it is rather befitting that the genres we have this week are as old as the hills - or at least as old as cinema itself; the musical and the western. I seem to have gone for true "something old and something new" style this week as our western is about as classic a western as you can begin to imagine starring John Wayne, and our musical is about as modern and inventive a twist on the genre as you could begin to concieve of. I mean, you and I may not be able to concieve of it at all, thankfully however, Tim Burton can. So there we are.

So roll on up and pile your plate up high. Serve with actual comfort food. Preferbly chocolate.

happy viewing,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder