28 Şubat 2013 Perşembe

ESSIE SPEAKS OF STRANGE LOVE (PART 2)

Now, I need to put something straight. You may have, from my previous input and some of previous notes deduced that I dislike love stories. WRONG. I LOVE love stories. It's just that, as with everything cinematic I have anything to do with, I like a twist.

No, get your mind out of the gutter, that is NOT what I meant.

I do not like the typical, boy meets girl, they fall in love, something separating them arises, it is vanquished, the end. Type plots. I like a bit of a twist to the story. It has to have something extra. It has to be original. Fresh. It should make us think about love, for example. Ok, the plot I just outlined is one of the ways it goes - but what about the other ways? Are you really telling me there is one single formula for love. Hah. Please.

This is why I like these films. The characters are down to earth, real. The plots are (mostly. for me complaining, scroll below) original. Both deifnitely have a lot of character. And make you think. A lot.

And besides, after the way Jennifer Lawrence ruled the ceremony I couldn't really avoid Silver Linings Playbook. Even if I didn't adore the film - which I did. What did you make of the Oscars by the way? Did the film you were backing get something? I am SO chuffed my beloved Django Unchained came away with two Oscars! Totally deserved Mr Tarantino - your fans eagerly await your next endevaours!

happy viewing!
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder