17 Ocak 2013 Perşembe

ESSIE SPEAKS OF MAGIC, ADVENTURE AND JOURNEYS

Well howdy there folks! How are things going in your part of the world?

Over here, it is your type A British mid-winter. Cold, bleak and with no hope of a Bank Holiday until the end of March. Luckily, however, there is one thing that cheers the heart of a film buff like myself : the awards season! I know, some might argue that the awards handed out are always quite far from objective or go to the best candidates, however for me, that is not the point. All the talk of films fills with me with the same kind of "gligany" (It's a family word this. It depicts the kind of glee that you feel when, for example, you go to a restaurant, look at the menu and want every single item on the menu. Your mouth waters, your eyes almost pop out of your head, you start rubbing your hands with glee... That's gligany. I think.). And I mean, let's face it, it's a kinda similar situation. All the stars and directors out there, touting their wears, trying to get us to pick their movie over all others... I love it. I lap it up. And I watch a lot of films and I mean, A LOT.

Have no fear, they will be coming your way over the next few days. In the meanwhile however, please enjoy these two magical tale of adventure. They will hopefully help you get through your version of bleak midwinter, wherever you are!

happy viewing,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder