18 Mayıs 2011 Çarşamba

MIXED BAG : WHAT DO WE HAVE THIS WEEK?

Hello all!

I decided that this week we'd have a good, old fashioned mixed bag for a change. Feels like we haven't had one in ages... But if you really push it you could sort of see a theme emmerging here as well... Life, examination of life, art imitating life and life imitating art... All these kinda come into the mix. I could go on and on about it but I'm rather afraid I'd bore you to death...
So, for those who want to step outside the "West", we have "The Mirror" by Iranian director Jafar Panahi, for those who want to stay in the "West", the Oscar winning, thought - provoking and slightly disturbing "Mephisto" and for those who are in fact ever so slightly sick of films and would like to chew on something "real", we even have a documentary - The Two Escobars!

I hope you enjoy this week's selection... Happy viewing all of you!
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder