25 Mart 2010 Perşembe

TRIBUTE TO THE MASTERS : "THE BIG LEBOWSKI"

At 26, I am very probably the last person of my generation to watch this Coen brothers classic. I hang my head in shame. Here comes the review for those of you who were too young, too old or like me just too darn lazy.
Ok, so let me sum it up right away. Yes; it is as good as they say it is. I am a massive Coen brothers fan – and the brilliant way they seem to blur the line between the believable and the absurd. Here the use of hallucinogenics (Ehm ehm) among other things help to blur the line even further making it in my view one of the best examples of absurd comedy I have ever seen. As far as the acting goes, John Goodman and Steve Buscemi – two of the Coen brothers favorite actors and don’t get me wrong though they’re two of my favorites too! – are absoloutely hilarious. Recent Oscar winner Jeff Bridges who needless to say became part of movie legend as “The Dude” and simply has to be experienced to be believed. And another small point I found amusing (something that doesn’t seem to get mentioned on the DVD sleeve, possibly because our actor hadn’t “made it” at the time) is the prominent presence of one of my favorite actors : Philip Seymour Hoffman!
Tradition dictates that I touch on the storyline a little: well, this is a story of mistaken identity. Of ruined rugs. Of framing innocent men. Of severed toes and White Russians. And a Vietnam vet with SERIOUS anger-management issues.
Just watch the bloody thing, it’ll make more sense… :)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder