7 Temmuz 2011 Perşembe

BACK TO THE MYTHICAL ORIENT WITH ESSIE SPEAKS

Hello there folks!

I hope everyone had a great week! I am beetling thorugh my "to watch" list as usual. As the date for my departure to foreign climes approaches mild panic is setting in, not to mention mild cabin fever as I seem to concentrate more on stuff to be done around the house and then climb the walls hehe.

Anyway, this week, I decided to take a trip back to the "mythical orient" I love so much. While The Bow is a slightly unorthodox film by slightly unorthodox director Kim Ki-duk, Poetry is another deeply sad yet cleverly constructed film from Korea - just to show they can make "normal" films too if you will =) And last of all, we peek over to Japan for Ikuru, what is, in my humble opinion, one of Kurosawa's greatest works!

I hope you enjoy this week's selection as much as I did.

Happy viewing,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder