21 Aralık 2015 Pazartesi

ESSIE COMES HOME

Well, thank goodness it's Christmas.

I'm back. I finally am. I have taken a few weeks off work, I am being very lazy (I haven't changed out of my pijamas for an inordinate amount of time) and am binge-watching films on various online mediums which should make for a good stash of reviews for the next few weeks.

We should be ok from now on. Although, of course, I have said this a good many times before, I can only show in time and with my actions that I mean it.

It has been a strange winter. I have really pushed myself hard. To the point that friends and fellow cast members have taken me aside and expressed concern. Strangely enough I was not aware I was pushing myself. I didn't even realise I was tired until I began to rest. But if you happen to be one of the lovely people who worried about me, please relax. I am resting. I am eating well (well, I am eating a lot which is... ok it's not the same thing but I am eating actual food, not coffee and sugar so that's a start right? Baby steps guys, baby steps...). I am making sensible plans about my future. It involves writing on a regular basis, so please keep watching this space. But above all I am fully aware that burnout is a real thing (I have actually suffered from it before and have actually lost my last white-collar job because of it. I was trying to balance a full time office job and two freelance type jobs all at once which "broke" me. But that's a story for the pub). And I fully intend to not go there again.

Ehm. Well that was a little more personal than I expected. Ok I'm going to work on those reviews now. Then I will email my editor (looking at you Adam) and see what's going on over in other websites. In the meanwhile here's a review of a play. Check it out.

much love and seasons greetings,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder