18 Mart 2015 Çarşamba

IN WHICH I CHAT ABOUT CHILDHOOD DREAMS AND FAIRY STORIES...

Welcome dear readers to my weekly musingson the latest news or trailers that have caught my eye. On the train back home this evening I was flicking through the latest releases and one name caught my eye, not least because I have been quite curious about how it was going to turn out. I am talking about Pixels, Sony's latest "big thing". It's a no brainer if you're in a certain age group. Basically, someone in their mid to late thirties has taken the day dream of playing all the old vintage computer games of our childhood "'n real life" - and has been lucky enough to get the money to make the darn film. Only thing is, I do wish they had steered clear of the obvious choice of making the film about goofy losers saving the world... No that I am saying the film could have been anything BUT a comed,y but there was room for experimentation... Oh well... Still looks quite cool!


The other piece of news that caught my eye was that Disney's Popeye movie is still on track, despite losing the director. Yes. Yes you read correctly, and so did I. We are to have a Popeye movie. Not live action yet - but don't hold your breaths, if not this one, the next one is bound to be live action. Cinderella has opened in box offices to quite a tidy little sum, no doubt sending Hollywood creatives scrambling for new live action inspiration. The trailer is OK (see below) but there will always ever be one real Cinderella story for me...


And here is the new trailer. I mean it's good, but Ever After is a classic for a reason! 


While we're on the matter of the weird and wonderful - parents of the world rejoice! It's official! Frozen 2 is going to be "a thing". All I can say is, I can't wait to find out what new songs are about to get stuck in our heads. In the  meanwhile here's a little something, you know, in case you missed it... 


Have a wonderful week folks!

Essie 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder