26 Mart 2015 Perşembe

THE INVASION OF THE "OLD FRIENDS"

Ok, this was always going to be the summer of reboots. Star Wars. Jurassic park. Mission Impossible (more on that later). There are multiple (I have actually lost count at this point) Ghostbusters films in the pipelines. The Terminator is back (more on THAT later as well). But yesterday I got some of the best reboot news I have received in a while – DUDE, THE X-FILES ARE COMING BACK!!!!! I know it’s just a six episode “limited series” but I am in a state of toe-curling excitement I reserve for the minutes before a new Quentin Tarantino film comes on (and if you know me in real life you know that’s one HECK of a lot of toe-curling excitement). I know there is a lot to say about the lack of new ideas in Hollywood, we can (and I probably will) bemoan the lack of independent stories but THIS fella… I’m just happy to be reunited with an old friend… In the meanwhile... Throw this on for background music... hehehehe

Speaking of which… Ethan’s back… Oh yes. The trailer is out, as is Tom Cruise’s naked torso. Naturally there is some evil force trying to “take over the world” and Ethan, along with some good looking, high-kicking dames,  Simon Pegg as the goofy sidekick and Jeremy Renner as His Boss will attempt to save it once again… Yes there is some sarcasm buried in there somewhere. But if you like the genre it’s gonna be a slick looking little number… Check it out…

Ok… So another comeback – in real life and in the cinematic world – is Arnold Schwartzenegger. Although critics are quick to rub their paws and eagerly point out that his transition back into film has not been nearly as smooth as he probably hoped, you would have to be quite a dreamer to not think Terminator Geniysis is not the best bet for being the tonic he needs. The film tries its best to combine “new” material with clever nods to the classic first Terminator film. Which I actually think works, because trying to tag endless storylines together, trying to make it look like a complete continuation is well and good, but this film actually sort of does a tribute to the classic it’s rebooting, has it’s tongue firmly in its cheek and still adds on the new stuff… I dunno, to me it feels… Less pretentious. The sequel you would go to the pub with to grab a beer. Despite all the… You know… Explosions and stuff…


And while we’re  on the topic of Arnie, check out the trailer for his latest film Maggie! I saw it today when I was topping up my research and you know… It seems cool in a strange sort of way… 

Ok that was one heck of a testosterone-laden prologue... Let's get to the main event shall we - although, truth be told, we don't get too far away from wars or testosterone... 

happy viewing folks!
Essie 




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder