11 Şubat 2015 Çarşamba

BAFTAS, VALENTINES AND MY GENERAL TAKE ON THE MOST RECENT SPECIAL OCCASIONS...

I know. Holocaust rememberance week was a while ago and I should be on to romantic suggestions for Valentines Day viewing.

Then again, you are on the blog of gal whose idea of good Valentines Day viewing is It Follows, so... Yeah... (Look out for the review of this one, some time next week on Film Debate)

Besides, as I have said in the article, rememberance is not just for one week, and this documentary definitely cannot and should not be confined to just a week. So here you go.

While we're on the matter of other websites by the way, check out the little box on the top left. You will find handy links to my work on other websites, should you be that way inclined. And while I have included links to my own work, but I strongly reccomend you explore both the websites, they are chock full of info and fantastic writings on all things film related!

Sooo - did you watch the BAFTAS - of course you did! My hearty congratulations goes out to all the winners, it was a truly fantastic contest - and well with the Oscars still on the way and the Berlinale running as we type,  there is more excitement to come! I hope your favourites did well - I am well pleased about mine. The single acting award I am absolutely intense about this year is Best Supporting Actor. I am convinced it should go to no other than J.K. Simmons, he should have all the Best Supporting Actor Awards this year, so there. (*has drink of water, calms down*). My congrats to him as justice was served (ehm - not that the others weren't worthy contenders, of course they were, I just REALLY loved Whiplash) as far as the BAFTAS went...



The second one I am rooting for this year is without a doubt Grand Budapest Hotel. I was overjoyed to see that it came away with a very neat little armfull of BAFTAs. The film is a true feast for the senses and I reckon fully deserves every award it gets... Congrats Guys!

So without further ado, let's get to the show! And don't forget, if you want to chat, I am almost constantly on Twitter (@Essie_Tweets , just scroll to the bottom of the page for my feed!) these days...

Much love to you all, happy viewing and happy reading folks!
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder