26 Ocak 2014 Pazar

ESSIE GETS ALL EMOTIONAL

"Well" I said to myself eying the 1300 + word count, "That one definitely goes up on its own".

It's not because I am obsessive about how many words a week I post or something. No, it's a bit more complicated than that. But then again, feelings often are, aren't they?

This week's update brings me crashing up to date with cinema as promised. It is the Oscar season my dears, so let's cast an eye over the favourites! And one film that has conjoured up no end of chatter everywhere is 12 Years A Slave. Now, the reason this film goes up on its own is that I feel very strongly about it. It is a film that has a lot to say for itself and, in turn, it conjours up a lot of things to say about it. I think it deserves its own spotlight. Well, it definitely got a spotlight from me, in the shape of one of my more gargantuan blog posts. Go on, scroll right down. Let's see what you think (or indeed feel) about the whole thing.

P.S The review below does contain spoilers. I'm sorry about that. But then again, it's tough getting all het up about a film and not giving anything away :)

happy viewing,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder