29 Ocak 2015 Perşembe

ESSIE SPEAKS OF FLY FISHING AND OTHER ARTISTIC ODDITIES…

Howdy folks! Sorry for the slight delay – I had wanted to upload my article yesterday, but life happened… Besides, you can’t rush these things – ask any fisherman you know… Or in fact, any artist…  Yes, art and fishing can on occasion be surprisingly… Intertwined…  But you will have to scroll down to see what I mean…
Apart from the world of fishing flies, plenty else has been happening this week… Have you seen the new cast for Ghostbusters? I think the idea of an all-female Ghostbusting crew is AWESOME. Ok, it’s going to be interesting for the fans of all the original stuff – mainly because we are used to a certain set of characters though, not necessarily because of gender. I mean think about it – if they were to announce, say,  a cast of random guys, neither looking like nor connected to the originals, we would have reacted quite poorly to it, no? Exactly! And if we keep on re-making basically the same movie all the time (note that I said all the time – I am aware that there is a lot of it about) where is the artistic challenge and innovation in that? I love it! Bring it on!
Oooh, ooh and did you see the new trailer for the Fantastic Four? Hang on, I have it here somewhere…

What do you make of it? Everyone’s first comment of course was that it looked nothing like the franchise or indeed an action film of any kind and that it reminded one of another quite recent science fiction film (*cough*Interstellar*cough*)… I mean it looks to be an interesting movie if this is the style they’re going for
Oh and last of all check this one out…

I may be developing a woman-crush on Maisie Williams… It’s a GOT thing… But yeah, spooky or what? Having literally watched it an hour or so ago (and then having plunged head-first into re-writes and editing without much time for actual thought – the trailer is in here on a whim and not much else)  I’m not sure what to make of it yet but I definitely want to see it…

But enough of all of that… On with the show… But if you are not sick of my ramblings yet, may I recommend a little article I penned for Film Debate the other day? It’s all about the internet and cinema…

Alternatively head over to Critics Associated where I’m currently rambling on about French cinemaamong other things…

Click here for this weeks review!

Happy viewing!

Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder