26 Kasım 2014 Çarşamba

ESSIE SPEAKS OF SOMETHING OLD AND SOMETHING NEW

Hey fellas!

First of all, the old. Scroll down  to check out a wonderful little "vintage" number from the '70s. I absolutely loved it, this is time travel on celluloid, I mean, I didn't even see the '70s live and found it endearing, I definitely reccomend it to anyone who was alive around then!

Ok, the new thing. I imagine you guys guessed (if you didn't know already) that I watch trailers on quite a regular basis, even though they don't get too many mentions on the blog. But this morning I watched the new trailer for Pan and I just had to share my feelings! I mean, don't get me wrong, the film has just about everything you could want from a "backstory" movie (now officially a genre and a genre I'm getting a little sick of); wonder, magic, a "Jack Sparrow" look alike in the very unlikely character of James Hook, and a rebel who stands u to the bullies that run the orphanage... Hang on... What orphanage...

I don't know who's bright idea it was to merge Peter Pan with Oliver Twist but even though it may well work for the young, for me it was just unnecessary. I do like a good story every once in a while, it works like soemthing like Cinderella (Ever After is one of my favourite films to date) but this is officially the realm of fixing things that are not broken.

Watch this space for movie news I feel "emotional" about.

happy viewing,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder