18 Nisan 2012 Çarşamba

ESSIE SPEAKS OF UNSUAL ASIA

Howdy folks!

I am in a state of post-vacation panic. I have just returned from a visit home over Easter. The visit, as you can imagine, was categorically brilliant. The amount of academic work that piled up in the course of the two weeks, was definately less brilliant. So as you can imagine I am currently tunneling through it all but I am not so distracted that I am neglecting my weekly dose of suggestions for your cinematic pleasure.

So, what have we got in store today? Today, we take a trip to Asia. Now, Asia and Asian cinema have many connotations, some of them quite artistic and refined. But Asia also has a reputation for being the birth place of some of life originals, be it inventions, concepts or people. I have concentrated on the more "original" directors this week, picking out films that you may not have gone for in the first instant. That are outside of quite a few comfort zones. But that, in my opinion, provide experiences that are not to be missed. I hope you enjoy!

happy viewing,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder