11 Ocak 2012 Çarşamba

ESSIE SPEAKS OF DOCUMENTARIES

OK, first up, I appologise. This week is going to have to be a short update again. I will, I promise, make it up to you all. Somehow. But take heart, I have taken measures to ensure that this week's update will at least, be pretty darn enjoyable to you.

First up I have undertaken to "speak" about a genre we don't (in my view) talk about enough : documentaries. There are some darn good ones out there and I strongly feel they should not be overlooked. One of the two "updates" this week is in fact quite infamous, it is Werner Herzog's Grizzly Man. It caused a lot of stir when it first appeared, did you get to see it? If not, here's your chance. Then there is D.A. Pennebaker's extraordinary fly on the wall documentary about a music legend... It's a bit of challange to get into stylistically but soo rewarding once you "make it through!"

In short, in my view, this week's update is short and sweet. I hope you agree...

happy viewing!
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder