12 Temmuz 2015 Pazar

OH MY TAIL AND WHISKERS...

So, right in the middle of the busiest season in cinema, I've taken up acting. Am just training and doing am-dram at the moment but you know. The point is it does take up a goodly part of my schedule. It doesn't really matter though at the end of the day - the only thing that has happened is that I am getting better and better at logistics and time management. I do somehow have to squeeze more than 24 hours out of each day!

That said, it's a mission in itself keeping up with all the news out there right now. I mean San Diego Comic Con alone has generated enough news to keep us all going for a week or more. I had my eyes out on stalks these last few days, but of course I had a special slot saved for the news from my fave director QT and The Hateful Eight. The film is due to be released in the UK on 70mm (QT is still obstinately refusing to go anywhere near digital) in January 2016. And I'll be among the first queuing to get in...


The other thing to keep ontop of is, of course, the releases to cinema. My  prediliction for real life stories continues as the two films I am desperate to see are Asif Kapadia's now record breaking documentary Amy and this little number... Starring Paul Dano, one of my favourite actors of the generation, it's Love and Mercy, the story of Beach Boys frontman Brian Wilson and his battle with 
 psychosis. It looks hard to watch but I will definitely be giving it a spin...


Another film we just can't seem to stop hearing about - despite the fact that it is not due until 2016 - is Suicide Squad. From striking stills to intreaguing news that the cast have therapists on hand to stop them going "too deep" into their character work (not to mention the whole story about Jake Gylenhaal sending his fellow cast members various dead animals) the film seems determined to hype itself up as much as it can... It remains to be seen if the film will be able to live up to the hype it has created but ... You have to admit the stills are rather striking... 



 Well kids, over and out for now... But check me out on Twitter and on my various other outlets (see top right hand corner) where I continue to muse on films! Sorry for the delay this week - and see y'all very soon! 

Essie 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder