23 Şubat 2012 Perşembe

ESSIE SPEAKS OF NOSTALGIA IN A MIXED BAG

Ok, honestly, I am not quite sure how to classify this week's update. But as I have to call it something, I have decided to go out on a limb and call it a "nostalgic mixed bag".

Now, all the films today are of a different era; we span the '50s, '70s and '80s with some success and using very, very different styles. Mike Leigh's Vera Drake is very much a period piece while John Cassavetes's Woman Under the Influence a bit more... Well a bit different. Then there is the legendary (in my time anyway)Breakfast Club, a gem of the '80s and a proper little time capsule on many levels.

As you can see from all the name dropping though, we have good quality stuff here. Good directors. And fascinting films. Come on you know you're interested. I mean, who needs a time machine when you have cinema, right?

happy viewing,
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder