6 Ekim 2011 Perşembe

ESSIE SPEAKS OF JIM JARMUSCH

Hello there everyone! I hope you're all having a great fall, I know I am, it's adrenaline filled if only because scrambling to get used to a completely new way of life away from home is very much involved. Luckily my new life is also chock-full of films and everything that goes with it, so I basically have what I need to survive (mentally :D)
Now this week's update is all about a director who, over the course of my preparation period for my new degree, has become very dear to me indeed. I am talking about the great minimalist director Jim Jarmusch. The term "minimalist" may send some of you screaming to the hills, please don't let it. Allthough I would be the very, very first to admit there are some pretty unwatchable "minimalist" things lurking out there, Jarmusch's work isn't among them. These three films definately aren't. If anything, I am confident they can make you laugh outloud if you just give them a chance!
The first of our "gruesome threesome" this week is Permanant Vacation, a little number filled with pathos but that means a lot to me because the film very accurately describes a state of mind I lived in for quite a while. The other two are comedies / road movies; they make you laugh and they make you think and I have a sneaking suspicion they may fundamenatlly change the way you guys look at things...

happy viewing folks!
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder