17 Kasım 2011 Perşembe

ESSIE SPEAKS OF GREAT DIRECTORS

Now, I need to clarify one point. I am not an "auteurist" per se. That is to say, I do not view films solely as the product of the director's mind - if you see what I mean. But then again there are some directors whose talent you simply cannot ignore. Who stamp their mark all over the film. Their style is so definitive that if you are by any definition a serious cinema viewer, you will probably know their films a mile away. And enjoy them.
This week is dedicated to three such directors. I am doing my best to make the selection as wide as possible but I may have veered slightly towards my favorites. But I mean, who doesn't like Hitchcock? And a bit of Asian cinema is almost compulsory for every serious viewer... As for Almodovar... Well... I mean even if you don't like him, you have to watch his film to make the argument as to why... Right?

I hope enjoy - happy viewing!
Essie

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder